Sunday, January 14, 2007

Rethinking

So, upon considering that paying for internet is not something I want to figure into my budget for this trip, I don't think I will be updating on my current trip in the Holy Land.

I will, hopefully, gather together my dizzying cluster of thoughts when I return, and post them on this blog. Until then, I beg for your patience. (I know many of you wait for these words with bated breath and all...)

But, before I go, two quick notes:

[1] The Holy Land is far more complex than I could have ever imagined. Suffice to say, there is a wall that will eventually enclose the birthplace of our Savior and Lord in the Christian church. A barrier to separate Bethlehem from Jerusalem. How can this be right?

[2] I experienced something more beautiful than I could ever hope to relate in an online journal. It was the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. And it was Greek Orthodox. Ben, I wish you could have been there for the service. It was truly out of this world.

I am blessed. I have a whole new concept of what 'peace' could mean, and how elusive it truly is.

What a beautiful and overwhelming place.

4 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Jason,

I do envy you: I would imagine they know how to do liturgy over there, schooling us american Orthodox.

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Pastor Lori said...

JPC, you've been home a week. I know you're jetlagged, but you can update your blog any time of the day or night with your already-paid-for internet at home. Stories and pix, please!!

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger 1234 said...

J where are you I miss you! Ok, you have an excuse. A great one. But that doesn't mean I don't miss your blog and want to read your observations from your trip RIGHT NOW. So hurry up already! Gosh.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger 1234 said...

Arrrghh! Good LORD. I know you watched the Superbowl, J. And if you found time to do that, you can find time to blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home