Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I just finished reading my previous entry, and it strikes me as extremely funny. Over the last 6 days, I have received information from the three seminaries to which I applied, and the time for decisions is, quite amazingly, right now.

I could use this time to talk over my decisions, to mull over my prospects. But I have done this for the past 36 hours, in my head and in conversations with many different wonderful people in my life. They all listened, gently offered advice, softly asked questions, and drew out the information from inside of me.

This still doesn't mean a decision has been made, but progress has been made.

-------


I just finished with a long, heart-to-heart, get-it-all-out conversation with friends for whom I would do anything, and the realization that that sentiment is reciprocated is a source of great joy for me. And it reminded me of something:

In the end, I may look back on these days as "not that big of a deal". But there is NO shame in jumping head first into these situations and treating them with the weight they deserve. This is my life, and it's not trivial.

That basically goes for everyone.

By Friday, I will know where it is I am headed next year for seminary. That is no small thing.

Peace. Peace, such as the world cannot give. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home