Sunday, April 15, 2007

In Memoriam

Dear Ones,

PREFACE - I understand two things:

[1] Some of you might not be aware of this reality - My mother had been slowly dying for the past few years, and I am never sure of who knows and who doesn't. It's always an awkward topic for dinner conversations. ;) But whether or not you knew before, it is important to me that you know now, because I care about you and appreciate you as dear friends and people in my life.

[2] I don't know if I have the energy to contact each of you lovely people personally. I wish I could. Regardless, we may not have spoken for two weeks or two years, but know that I hold you in my heart.

My mom's long journey has ended. At about 1:00 am this morning, her life finally stood completed. My thanks goes to each and every one of you as you have supported me and my family and prayed for us these past years as we have watched my mom (and dad) suffer through this surreal and horrific disease diagnosed as Alzheimer's. You have received my tears, you have witnessed my doubts, you have been with me, in every way imaginable. My cup truly overflows.

This is a gift, in many wondrous and strange ways - the time had long passed since she either recognized us, or we her. In this Easter week, as we celebrate the mystery of death and the knowledge that God is present in this world, our comfort is in Christ alone. We also take comfort and rejoice in the fact that my mom is no longer suffering, her body is now whole, and she is in the all-encompassing presence of our Lord -- I cannot even fathom what that must be like. Her memory restored, her silent gaze replaced by that confident smirk - Mom returning to who she always was.

Maryann leaves behind her loving husband of 37 years, 4 children, and 9 grandchildren. The funeral will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2007 at Eden Home Chapel in New Braunfels, Texas. For those of you that live in the area and would like to attend the service, I will be sending out additional information later in the week.

To each of you, friends of my heart; for those of you I have known for such a beautifully long time, and for you that I have had the pleasure of meeting fairly recently in my life,
God's peace, in every place, in every time, in every situation,

-jason

Maryann Chesnut
September 5, 1947 - April 14, 2007






1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM , Blogger Ross said...

Jason,

I'm very sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, or continue to be, as the case may be.

Ross

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home