Saturday, July 15, 2006

taking my time

My thought for today was simple: Why in God's good green earth do I have to be at work? True, I need to make up a day I took off, and true, I have tons of stuff to do in preparation for a big once-every-two-years organizational suaree. But, still. It's Saturday.

Right now it's 100 degrees outside, plus humidity. As a non-native to this region, I have to say it: Chill, people. Get over it. It's triple digits, even in the shade. Wow. Forgive me as I cry with overwhelming awe.

I'm sorry, but it's sort of true. Minnesotans need to thaw after dealing with -20 degree days, consistent days, mind you. Texas rarely hits below 50 on the thermometer. At any point in the calendar year. Period.

Today will be spent working, attending possibly my last Orthodox Vespers with Ben, and watching one of my top five movies of all time with another LVCer in Minneapolis, Julie. Life is good.

And, forgive me, but I just spent a blog entry typing about absolutely NOTHING that is in the least way interesting. But I felt like writing. Whoopee.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM , Blogger 1234 said...

I slept on Cole's floor last night. It was good.

And, getting bored with your layouts? I swear every time I check yours out it's different.

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, seriously. Too true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home